How to make Donuts
Donuts are a good snack that you can share with your friends. They taste good and they are one of my favorite desert!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- vegetable oil or shortening for deep-frying
- desired coating or icing
- In a bowl, put in flour, baking powder, salt, and set it aside. And in another bowl put eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Beat it with a electric mixer for 3 minutes. And in another bowl, put in milk and melted butter. Add the flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to the egg mixture, beating it slowly until it's combined. Cover the dough and chill it for 2-4 hours.
- While you wait for the dough to chill, get the icing ready. Donuts can be coated with powdered sugar or granulated sugar. Or you can make any kind of icing such as the chocolate icing, powdered sugar icing, etc.
- Once the dough is done chilling, roll the dough to 1/2-inch thick. Don't stir more flours in the dough, it can cause the donut to be heavy and dry.
- Use a floured 2-1/2-inch donut cutter to cut the dough into classic rings. Dip the cutter into flour between cuts to prevent the dough from sticking to the cutter.
- In a heavy deep large saucepan, heat the oil to 365 degrees F. Put the donut in. Fry the donuts, two or three at a time for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the donuts, and drain the donuts on paper towels to avoid a greasy eating experience.
- Repeat with the remaining donuts.
- Coat the donut with icings, and you are done! Enjoy your donut!